[horde] Username and pref_uid

Christian Schoepplein c.schoepplein at musin.de
Fri Dec 23 10:24:13 UTC 2016

Hi Hendrik,

thanks for your reply!

On Fri, Dec 23, 2016 at 10:12:18AM +0100, Hendrik Noack wrote:
> [...]

[...]

>> Is there an easy way to use another pref_uid then the userId which is
>> entered while login into horde? Or to ask it another way: Can I initialize
>> a different pref_uid then the userId everytime a user is login in?
>
>I'm guessing you are using the IMAP server for authentication via horde imp
>then?

Yes.

>I'm using these hooks, so my login can be different from the mail address.

Thanks for the hooks. I am also using some hooks already to get the
mailaddress for a user and this is working fine so far.

>So with the first hook (if you change it accordingly to your needs), you can
>build a uid like firstname.lastname.additional_string from
>firstname.lastname <= did you mean this one with authusername?

Yes, that is what I've tried. But if I change the auth username and add
the additional string, login to the imap server failes because the
imap serveris only accepting usernames without the additional string.

Maybe I should try to describe the problem more detailed...

In our environment the users have the login firstname.lastname. But it
happens from time to time, that a user is leaving and another user with
the same combination of first and lastname is created by our stupid
peace of identity management software :-(. If such a new user, with
the same combination of first and lastname an old user had before, is
login into horde, the settings of the old user are loaded because the
horde_prefs table still contains the entries for the firstname.lastname
combination.

I am able to identify different users with the same combination of first
and lastname by another attribute set by our identity management
software, that is the string I'd like to add and use in the horde_prefs
table in the pref_uid collumn.

So the problem is, that I need to use the combination firstname.lastname
for login into horde, imp, e.g., but also use
firstname.lastname at additional_string during a session as the internal
horde userid.

I hope the problem / question is more clear now and maybe someone has
a hint how to solve it :-).

Thanks and kind regards,

  Schoepp

--
Christian Schoepplein

Landeshauptstadt Muenchen
Referat fuer Bildung und Sport
Zentrum fuer Informationstechnologie im Bildungsbereich (ZIB)
- Netze und Servermanagement

Postanschrift:                          Bueroanschrift:

Landeshauptstadt Muenchen               Landeshauptstadt Muenchen
Referat fuer Bildung und Sport          Referat fuer Bildung und Sport
Postfach                                Bayerstr. 28 (Raum 5.326)

80313 Muenchen                          80335 Muenchen

T: +49 (0)89 233-87623
E: c.schoepplein (at) musin.de
I: http://www.zib.musin.de

Elektronische Kommunikation mit der Landeshauptstadt Muenchen, siehe:
http://www.muenchen.de/ekomm

Bitte denken Sie an die Umwelt, bevor Sie diese E-Mail ausdrucken. Pro
Blatt sparen Sie durchschnittlich 15g Holz, 260ml Wasser, 0,05kWh Strom
und 5g CO2.