[horde] Username and pref_uid

Hendrik Noack hn at axxedia-it.de
Fri Dec 23 12:10:57 UTC 2016

OK understood. So if you stick to your post authentication hook
authusername, you should definitely check your imp backends.php (i.e.
backends.php.local)

I'm referring to this option:
* hordeauth: (mixed) Use Horde authentication?  One of:
 *     - true: [DEFAULT] IMP will attempt to use the user's existing
 *             credentials (the username/password they used to log in to
 *             Horde with) to login to this server.
 *             Everything after and including the first @ in the username
 *             will be stripped off before attempting authentication.
 *     - 'full': The username will be used unmodified.
 *     - false: Don't use Horde authentication; always require separate
login.

My default setting is false (the opposite of what it's telling in the
description). My guess is that imp sends the login
credentials one time to the IMAP server, this succeeds while it is not
altered and after the post auth hook it is sending the altered login
credentials which will fail, when hordeauth iss et to false. I'm never asked
for a seperate login/password when it is set to false.

You might want to try the other two options.

I'm curious: why does it only affect the horde prefs? Are you clearing out
the users mail folders manually when you delete them? Otherwise it should be
problem with IMAP too!
If you use a script to delete the IMAP folders, you could also use that
script for deleting the database entry.

> Thanks and kind regards,
>
>   Schoepp
>
> --
> Christian Schoepplein
>
> Landeshauptstadt Muenchen
> Referat fuer Bildung und Sport
> Zentrum fuer Informationstechnologie im Bildungsbereich (ZIB)
> - Netze und Servermanagement
>
> Postanschrift:                          Bueroanschrift:
>
> Landeshauptstadt Muenchen               Landeshauptstadt Muenchen
> Referat fuer Bildung und Sport          Referat fuer Bildung und Sport
> Postfach                                Bayerstr. 28 (Raum 5.326)
>
> 80313 Muenchen                          80335 Muenchen
>
> T: +49 (0)89 233-87623
> E: c.schoepplein (at) musin.de
> I: http://www.zib.musin.de
>
> Elektronische Kommunikation mit der Landeshauptstadt Muenchen, siehe:
> http://www.muenchen.de/ekomm
>
> Bitte denken Sie an die Umwelt, bevor Sie diese E-Mail ausdrucken. Pro
Blatt
> sparen Sie durchschnittlich 15g Holz, 260ml Wasser, 0,05kWh Strom und 5g
> CO2.

Mit freundlichen Grüßen / Best regards

Hendrik Noack

--
Axxedia IT GmbH

Schwabstr. 30
71106 Magstadt

Tel +49 7159 4979763
Fax +49 7159 4979775

Mail hn at axxedia-it.de

Sitz der Gesellschaft: Schwabstr. 30, 71106 Magstadt
Geschäftsführer: Hendrik Noack . Amtsgericht: Stuttgart HRB 727296