[horde] Update horde via Debian testing?

Daniel Bareiro daniel-listas at gmx.net
Mon Jan 2 13:14:06 UTC 2017

On 01/01/17 05:47, Thomas Trepper wrote:

> Hi all,

Hi, Thomas. Happy new year!

> I am using horde webmail 5.2.2-1 for Debian 8 (Jessie)
> (https://packages.debian.org/jessie/php-horde-webmail).
>
> I have seen, that in testing the package is updated to 5.2.17-1
> (https://packages.debian.org/stretch/php-horde-webmail) and I was wondering
>
> a) why the packages are not available as an update for Debian stable

Debian has three main branches: unstable, testing and stable. The
packages, based on the tests performed, are passed from one branch to
the other. When Debian maintainers deem it convenient, they will make
the package available on the stable branch.

> b) if it is a good idea to update *only* the horde packge via testing to 5.2.17-1?

In that case, it might be best to install through Pear. I did it in
Debian stable.

> Thanks a lot in advance for any comments and suggestions.

I hope this is useful.

> All the best and a happy new year,

Thanks! :-)

Kind regards,