[horde] Possible Bug in LDAP Auth

Jens Wahnes wahnes at uni-koeln.de
Wed Jan 4 11:30:17 UTC 2017

On Tue, Jan 03 2017, at 22:48:16 +0100, Ralph Ballier wrote:

> I had the same problem. I have made an update to "Horde Groupware
> Webmail Edition 5.2.17" with "pear upgrade -a -B -c horde".
>
> On the configuration page was the only striking line
>  "Horde (horde) 5.2.13 Configuration is out of date"
>
>  Then I clicked the button "Update all configurations".
>  After that the line had disappeared and everything seemed to be all right.
>
>  But no one could log in afterwards.
>
>  I have the new file horde/config/conf.php compared with the previous
> file. I noticed that the new file is only three lines apart from the old
> file (they are new):
>
>  $ Conf ['ldap'] ['user'] ['uid'] = 'uid';
>  $ Conf ['ldap'] ['user'] ['objectclass'] = array ('*');
>  $ Conf ['ldap'] ['user'] ['filter_type'] = 'objectclass';
>
>  I do not know how these lines have come into the file. In any case, no
> login has been possible. I have reused the previous conf.php and thus
> there are no more problems.
>
>  But now it is still on the configuration page that the Horde
> configuration is out of date (see above).
>
>  The LDAP log contains an entry similar to that given by Roellig.

As discussed in the other thread that deals with this problem ("Horde
5.2.13 (final)"), the note that the configuration file needs updating
will disappear if you replace the third (or so) line of conf.php (old
version without the 3 lines mentioned above) which starts with "// $Id"
with the "ID line" from the newer version of conf.php.  But this only
suppresses the notification that an update of the configuration file is
required. So it's just a workaround, not a solution to the problem.

Jens