[horde] Possible Bug in LDAP Auth

Andy Dorman adorman at ironicdesign.com
Tue Jan 3 23:43:34 UTC 2017

On 01/03/2017 03:48 PM, Ralph Ballier wrote:
>  Zitat von Jan Schneider <jan at horde.org>:
>
>> Please don't top-post.
>>
>> Zitat von roellig at roellig-ltd.de:

>>> hi,
>>>
>>> from horde 5.2.11 to 5.2.12, am not sure if this is really correct
>>> but that is still so.
>>
>> There haven't been any LDAP related changes between these versions.
>> You either must have updated other packages too, or this is not
>> related to the versions at all, but rather to your personal upgrade
>> method.

>> --
>> Jan Schneider
>
> I had the same problem. I have made an update to "Horde Groupware
> Webmail Edition 5.2.17" with "pear upgrade -a -B -c horde".
>
> On the configuration page was the only striking line
>  "Horde (horde) 5.2.13 Configuration is out of date"
>
>  Then I clicked the button "Update all configurations".
>  After that the line had disappeared and everything seemed to be all right.
>
>  But no one could log in afterwards.
>
>  I have the new file horde/config/conf.php compared with the previous
> file. I noticed that the new file is only three lines apart from the old
> file (they are new):
>
>  $ Conf ['ldap'] ['user'] ['uid'] = 'uid';
>  $ Conf ['ldap'] ['user'] ['objectclass'] = array ('*');
>  $ Conf ['ldap'] ['user'] ['filter_type'] = 'objectclass';
>
>  I do not know how these lines have come into the file. In any case, no
> login has been possible. I have reused the previous conf.php and thus
> there are no more problems.
>
>  But now it is still on the configuration page that the Horde
> configuration is out of date (see above).
>
>  The LDAP log contains an entry similar to that given by Roellig.
>
> Ralph

Just FWIW, we use the debian testing/unstable packages instead of Pear.

We too just updated to "Horde Groupware Webmail Edition 5.2.17" and did
not see any big changes in the LDAP config...but then again we had
already defined the three new lines mentioned above.

Here are our current ldap config lines that work fine:

$conf['ldap']['hostspec'] = array('localhost');
$conf['ldap']['port'] = 389;
$conf['ldap']['tls'] = false;
$conf['ldap']['timeout'] = 5;
$conf['ldap']['version'] = 3;
$conf['ldap']['user']['basedn'] = 'ou=addresses,o=antespam.com';
$conf['ldap']['user']['uid'] = 'uid';
$conf['ldap']['user']['objectclass'] = array('fmaddress');
$conf['ldap']['user']['filter_type'] = 'objectclass';
$conf['ldap']['bindas'] = 'user';
$conf['ldap']['useldap'] = true;

We filter using the fmaddress objectclass to ensure the records do not
include users from our email security service (AnteSpam.com) that shares
the LDAP db.

We did have trouble earlier this year with tls (that is why it is
false), but since we use a local replica (ie, transactions do not
traverse the network) we felt that was not a big deal.

--
Andy Dorman
FanMail.com

CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE: This message is for the named person's use only.
It may contain confidential, proprietary or legally privileged
information. No confidentiality or privilege is waived or lost by any
erroneous transmission. If you receive this message in error, please
immediately destroy it and notify the sender. You must not, directly or
indirectly, use, disclose, distribute, or copy any part of this message
if you are not the intended recipient.