[horde] Fwd: New TLD not recognized

Daniel Stonek daniel at stonek.com
Tue Jan 17 01:09:50 UTC 2017

-------- Forwarded Message --------
Subject: 	Re: [horde] Fwd: New TLD not recognized
Date: 	Mon, 16 Jan 2017 08:40:25 -0600
From: 	Andy Dorman <adorman at ironicdesign.com>
To: 	horde at lists.horde.org

On 01/16/2017 02:17 AM, Jan Schneider wrote:
> ----- Weitergeleitete Nachricht von Daniel Stonek <daniel at stonek.com> -----
>   Datum: Thu, 12 Jan 2017 07:11:23 -0300
>     Von: Daniel Stonek <daniel at stonek.com>
> Betreff: Re: [horde] New TLD not recognized
>      An: Jan Schneider <jan at horde.org>
>
>  Hi Jan.
>
>  It is odd. I use Postfix - Dovecot - Procmail on Centos 6.
>
>  I've been using Squirrelmail for years and one of my users are still
> using it because of this: she cannot send/reply email to .media domain
> names.
>
>  Most of us had to change from SM because a none solved encoding issue.
>
>  I'm stucked at this point.
>
>  What do you suggest?
>
>  Thanks,
>
>  Daniel
>
>  On 12/01/17 06:05, Jan Schneider wrote:
>
>> Zitat von Daniel Stonek <daniel at stonek.com>[1]:
>>
>>> Cannot send mail to a at b.media Error: domain missing
>>>
>>> How to add this tld to known tlds?
>>>
>>> Thanks
>>
>> Sounds like this is an error from your mail server, not from Horde.
>>

> ----- Ende der weitergeleiteten Nachricht -----
>

> Links:
> ------
> [1] mailto:daniel at stonek.com
> -------------------------
> Jan Schneider
> The Horde Project
> https://www.horde.org/

Daniel, where do you see the "Cannot send mail to a at b.media Error:
domain missing" error?

We too use Postfix for our MTA.  If you can give me a .media email
address that would accept a test email, we would be happy to test with
our Horde/IMP -> Postfix set up.

I assume the user can send through the same Postfix server to a .media
address with a different email client?

Sincere regards,

--
Andy Dorman

Hi Andy,

First of all, the problem occurs with .digital and .media TLDs

 From my own account I sent test mail to *@video.digital*
I didn't get that 'message (Mac OS Sierra, Safari)

Jan 16 21:59:10 host postfix/smtp[27969]: 1FBCC1CA0990:
to=<juan*@video.digital*>, relay=none, delay=31, delays=0.28/0.01/30/0,
dsn=4.4.1, status=deferred (connect to
*video.digital*[69.172.201.153]:25: Connection timed out)
Nothing wrong here. (same as sending to @video.media)

And here is a screenshot attempting to send an email from Windows 10,
Firefox

/"I assume the user can send through the same Postfix server to a .media
address with a different email client?"/

Yes, she is using Squirrelmail to send mails to @eclair.digital (or .media)

Thank you,

Daniel