[horde] Forbidden You don't have permission to access /horde on this server.

Erling Preben Hansen erling at eph.dk
Tue Jan 24 20:30:10 UTC 2017

  Citat af Wolfgang Paul Rauchholz <wp.rauchholz at gmail.com>:

> Thanks for the answer.
> I deleted all rpms (rpm -e ...)
> and went the recommend way of pear. But same problem.
>
> I run the scripts as laid out in the INSTALL document
> 1) pear upgrade PEAR
> 2) pear channel-discover pear.horde.org[1]
> 3) pear install horde/horde_role     4) pear run-scripts
> horde/horde_role
> - The script never asked where the root document is. (can I set the
> root directory manually in a script?)
>
> 5) pear install -a horde/horde - install in usr/share/horde
> Can I move it simply to /var/www/html?
> Apache is owner of the /usr/share/horde directory
>
> --
> Wolfgang
>

>    On Sun, Jan 22, 2017 at 9:03 PM, Erling Preben Hansen
> <erling at eph.dk> wrote:
>
>>  Citat af Wolfgang Paul Rauchholz <wp.rauchholz at gmail.com>:
>>
>>> I am trying to install horde 5 on centos 7. I installed all RPMS. It is
>>> located in /usr/share/horde and created a mysql database.
>>>
>>> I added to httpd.conf
>>>
>>> <Directory "/use/share/horde">
>>> Require all granted
>>> </Directory>
>>>
>>> But I still get he above mentioned error message.
>>>
>>> [authz_core:error] [pid 24121] [client 10.5.2.76:57634] AH01630: client
>>> denied by server configuration: /usr/share/horde
>>>
>>> I appreciate very much your help.
>>> Wolfgang Rauchholz
>>>
>>> --
>>
>> Hey
>>
>> First thing:
>> It would be wrong to install in /usr/share....
>> Normal would be /var/www/http/horde , as i recall that is what
>> ceeentos normally would do.
>>
>> Next:
>> You need to set permissions on those directories/files, so that
>> your webserver at least can read those files.
>> /erling
>> --

> Wolfgang Rauchholz              .

Hey
Please keep the thread on list.
And don't top post.

As i recall it you must uninstall the old horde install before you try
to change the install dir.
then you can set the install dir via pear like
with pear config-show you get a list of config settings the one "Base
Horde directory           horde_dir"
Will tell you where pear wil try to install Horde.

You can change this with:
pear config-set horde_dir /var/www/whatever

by the way writing "pear help" is a good help or "pear help command"
like "pear help config-set".

Others please feel free to participate. I am not very good at support
and not alway sure that i am right.

/erling

Links:
------