[horde] Forbidden You don't have permission to access /horde on this server.

Simon B simon.buongiorno at gmail.com
Tue Jan 24 21:46:40 UTC 2017

On 24 Jan 2017 21:30, "Erling Preben Hansen" <erling at eph.dk> wrote:

>  Citat af Wolfgang Paul Rauchholz <wp.rauchholz at gmail.com>:
>
>> Thanks for the answer.
>> I deleted all rpms (rpm -e ...)
and went the recommend way of pear. But same problem.

>> I run the scripts as laid out in the INSTALL document
>> 1) pear upgrade PEAR
>> 2) pear channel-discover pear.horde.org[1]
>> 3) pear install horde/horde_role     4) pear run-scripts
horde/horde_role - The script never asked where the root document is. (can
I set the root directory manually in a script?)

>> 5) pear install -a horde/horde - install in usr/share/horde
>> Can I move it simply to /var/www/html?
>> Apache is owner of the /usr/share/horde directory
>>
>> --
>> Wolfgang
>>

>>    On Sun, Jan 22, 2017 at 9:03 PM, Erling Preben Hansen <erling at eph.dk>

>>> Hey
>>>
>>> First thing:
>>> It would be wrong to install in /usr/share....
>>> Normal would be /var/www/http/horde , as i recall that is what ceeentos
normally would do.

>>> Next:
>>> You need to set permissions on those directories/files, so that your
webserver at least can read those files.
>>> /erling
>>> --
>>

>> --
>>
>> Wolfgang Rauchholz              .
>>

> Hey
> Please keep the thread on list.
> And don't top post.
>
> As i recall it you must uninstall the old horde install before you try to
change the install dir.
> then you can set the install dir via pear like
> with pear config-show you get a list of config settings the one "Base
Horde directory           horde_dir"
> Will tell you where pear wil try to install Horde.

I have mine, actually two versions, in /usr/share/.. for legacy reasons.
Where you have it doesn't matter so long as it's correctly configured..

> You can change this with:
> pear config-set horde_dir /var/www/whatever
>
> by the way writing "pear help" is a good help or "pear help command" like
"pear help config-set".

> Others please feel free to participate. I am not very good at support and
not alway sure that i am right.

These days you are almost guaranteed that someone (probably me) has faced
your issue..  search engines are really good.

https://lists.horde.org/archives/horde/Week-of-Mon-20110829/041855.html

Simon