[horde] Forbidden You don't have permission to access /horde on this server.

Wolfgang Paul Rauchholz wp.rauchholz at gmail.com
Wed Jan 25 13:26:08 UTC 2017

Thank you all for your help.
I actually un-installed all rpms and pear already, but I did not have time
to continue as I am on a biz trip until late next week.
Will revert back to you.

Again, thanks a lot/muchas gracias.

Wolfgang

<https://about.me/wolfgang_rauchholz?promo=email_sig&utm_source=product&utm_medium=email_sig&utm_campaign=chrome_ext>

On Wed, Jan 25, 2017 at 12:43 PM, Mauricio Jose T. Tecles <
mtecles at biof.ufrj.br> wrote:

> ----- Mensagem de Simon B <simon.buongiorno at gmail.com> ---------
>    Data: Tue, 24 Jan 2017 22:46:40 +0100
>      De: Simon B <simon.buongiorno at gmail.com>
> Assunto: Re: [horde] Forbidden You don't have permission to access /horde
> on this server.
>    Para: erling at eph.dk
>      Cc: horde <horde at lists.horde.org>
>

> On 24 Jan 2017 21:30, "Erling Preben Hansen" <erling at eph.dk> wrote:
>>

>>>  Citat af Wolfgang Paul Rauchholz <wp.rauchholz at gmail.com>:
>>>
>>> Thanks for the answer.
>>>>
>>> and went the recommend way of pear. But same problem.

>>> horde/horde_role - The script never asked where the root document is.
>> (can
>> I set the root directory manually in a script?)
>>

> Probably the script didn't ask you anything because it is already set by
> your previous installation (rpm). Try removing (uninstalling) Horde via
> pear. Take a look at:
>
> https://wiki.horde.org/UninstallPEAR?referrer=HowTo
>
> Then try to install it via pear. For Webmail, take a look at:
>
> https://www.horde.org/apps/webmail/docs
> https://www.horde.org/apps/webmail/docs/INSTALL (Skip the "Quick Install"
> and read it from "Prerequisites").
>
> Mauricio

>>> /erling

>>> Hey
>>> Please keep the thread on list.
>>> And don't top post.
>>>
>>> As i recall it you must uninstall the old horde install before you try to
>>>
>> change the install dir.
>>
>>> then you can set the install dir via pear like
>>> with pear config-show you get a list of config settings the one "Base
>>>
>> Horde directory           horde_dir"
>>
>>> Will tell you where pear wil try to install Horde.
>>>

>> I have mine, actually two versions, in /usr/share/.. for legacy reasons.
>> Where you have it doesn't matter so long as it's correctly configured..
>>
>> You can change this with:
>>> pear config-set horde_dir /var/www/whatever
>>>
>>> by the way writing "pear help" is a good help or "pear help command" like
>>>
>> "pear help config-set".
>>

>>> Others please feel free to participate. I am not very good at support and
>>>
>> not alway sure that i am right.
>>
>> These days you are almost guaranteed that someone (probably me) has faced
>> your issue..  search engines are really good.
>>
>> https://lists.horde.org/archives/horde/Week-of-Mon-20110829/041855.html
>>
>> Simon
>> --
>>

> ----- Final da mensagem de Simon B <simon.buongiorno at gmail.com> -----
>

> Maurício José T. Tecles
> Instituto de Biofísica Carlos Chagas Filho/UFRJ
> Av. Carlos Chagas Filho, 373
> Núcleo de Informática
> CCS, Bloco G, sala G1-006
> Cidade Universitária - Ilha do Fundão