[horde] Forbidden You don't have permission to access /horde on this server.

Mauricio Jose T. Tecles mtecles at biof.ufrj.br
Wed Jan 25 11:43:16 UTC 2017

----- Mensagem de Simon B <simon.buongiorno at gmail.com> ---------
    Data: Tue, 24 Jan 2017 22:46:40 +0100
      De: Simon B <simon.buongiorno at gmail.com>
Assunto: Re: [horde] Forbidden You don't have permission to access
/horde on this server.
    Para: erling at eph.dk
      Cc: horde <horde at lists.horde.org>

> On 24 Jan 2017 21:30, "Erling Preben Hansen" <erling at eph.dk> wrote:
>>
>>  Citat af Wolfgang Paul Rauchholz <wp.rauchholz at gmail.com>:
>>
>>> Thanks for the answer.
>>> I deleted all rpms (rpm -e ...)
> and went the recommend way of pear. But same problem.
>>>
>>> I run the scripts as laid out in the INSTALL document
>>> 1) pear upgrade PEAR
>>> 2) pear channel-discover pear.horde.org[1]
>>> 3) pear install horde/horde_role     4) pear run-scripts
> horde/horde_role - The script never asked where the root document is. (can
> I set the root directory manually in a script?)

Probably the script didn't ask you anything because it is already set
by your previous installation (rpm). Try removing (uninstalling) Horde
via pear. Take a look at:

https://wiki.horde.org/UninstallPEAR?referrer=HowTo

Then try to install it via pear. For Webmail, take a look at:

https://www.horde.org/apps/webmail/docs
https://www.horde.org/apps/webmail/docs/INSTALL (Skip the "Quick
Install" and read it from "Prerequisites").

Mauricio

>>> 5) pear install -a horde/horde - install in usr/share/horde
>>> Can I move it simply to /var/www/html?
>>> Apache is owner of the /usr/share/horde directory
>>>
>>> --
>>> Wolfgang

> normally would do.

> webserver at least can read those files.
>>>

>>> --
>>>
>>> Wolfgang Rauchholz              .
>>>

>> Hey
>> Please keep the thread on list.
>> And don't top post.
>>
>> As i recall it you must uninstall the old horde install before you try to
> change the install dir.
>> then you can set the install dir via pear like
>> with pear config-show you get a list of config settings the one "Base
> Horde directory           horde_dir"
>> Will tell you where pear wil try to install Horde.
>
> I have mine, actually two versions, in /usr/share/.. for legacy reasons.
> Where you have it doesn't matter so long as it's correctly configured..
>
>> You can change this with:
>> pear config-set horde_dir /var/www/whatever
>>
>> by the way writing "pear help" is a good help or "pear help command" like
> "pear help config-set".
>>
>> Others please feel free to participate. I am not very good at support and
> not alway sure that i am right.
>
> These days you are almost guaranteed that someone (probably me) has faced
> your issue..  search engines are really good.
>
> https://lists.horde.org/archives/horde/Week-of-Mon-20110829/041855.html
>
> Simon

----- Final da mensagem de Simon B <simon.buongiorno at gmail.com> -----

Maurício José T. Tecles
Instituto de Biofísica Carlos Chagas Filho/UFRJ
Av. Carlos Chagas Filho, 373
Núcleo de Informática
CCS, Bloco G, sala G1-006
Cidade Universitária - Ilha do Fundão