[horde] PEAR base horde directory change?

Nels Lindquist nlindq at maei.ca
Thu Jan 26 15:49:22 UTC 2017

On 2017/01/25 4:06 PM, Vilius Sumskas/LNK wrote:
>> On 2017/01/25 1:22 PM, Erling Preben Hansen wrote:
>>>  Citat af Nels Lindquist <nlindq at maei.ca>:
 >>>
>>> sometimes if multipli users have access to pear it is importent to use
>>> the same user every time.
>>
>> Certainly.  For one of the above-mentioned systems, though, I am the
>> only one with access.  And I definitely haven't changed the horde_dir
>> value myself.
>
> Search for .pearrc file. PEAR configuration is per-user based by default
> (see "pear help config-set"). Your issue could happen in cases where:
>
> 1) initial Horde install was done with one user, but update with another
> (like cron script)
> 2) initial Horde install was performed using sudo, but update was done
> with "root" user (or vice versa)
> 3) user's .pearrc file was deleted during home directory/temporary
> directory cleanup
>
> I think there was a bug ticket somewhere where I suggested to change
> Horde_Role to use "config-set system", but I'm not sure if it ever was
> implemented.

Okay, the only .pearrc file is in root's home directory (there are a
very small number of users, and locate database is up to date).

Root's ~/.pearrc file contains:

a:1:{s:9:"horde_dir";s:19:"/var/www/html/horde";}

And yet running pear "config-get horde_dir" still produces:

/usr/share/pear/www/horde

Seems like the .pearrc file is being ignored?

"strace pear config-get horde_dir" shows that /root/.pearrc is being
accessed, but it doesn't appear to be loading the value.

Nels Lindquist
----
<nlindq at maei.ca>