[horde] PEAR base horde directory change?

Vilius Sumskas/LNK vilius at lnk.lt
Wed Jan 25 23:06:37 UTC 2017

> On 2017/01/25 1:22 PM, Erling Preben Hansen wrote:
> >  Citat af Nels Lindquist <nlindq at maei.ca>:
> >
> >> In our backup/test environment, I just tried performing a pear
upgrade
> >> of the horde channel.  Afterward, my installation was completely
broken.

> > Hey
> > What does "pear config-show" tell you about "horde_dir"
> > If it is changed something / someone must have done it.
>
> Running "pear config-get horde_dir" shows "/usr/share/pear/www/horde" on

> three different systems.  In each case, Horde is/was installed in
> "/var/www/html/horde".
>
> > sometimes if multipli users have access to pear it is importent to use
> > the same user every time.
>
> Certainly.  For one of the above-mentioned systems, though, I am the
> only one with access.  And I definitely haven't changed the horde_dir
> value myself.

Search for .pearrc file. PEAR configuration is per-user based by default
(see "pear help config-set"). Your issue could happen in cases where:

1) initial Horde install was done with one user, but update with another
(like cron script)
2) initial Horde install was performed using sudo, but update was done
with "root" user (or vice versa)
3) user's .pearrc file was deleted during home directory/temporary
directory cleanup

I think there was a bug ticket somewhere where I suggested to change
Horde_Role to use "config-set system", but I'm not sure if it ever was
implemented.

--
   Vilius