[horde] Migrating horde 5.0.3 to a CentOS server

Silvan Voser silvan.voser at gmail.com
Mon Feb 13 12:13:25 UTC 2017

> Citando Silvan Voser <silvan.voser at gmail.com>:

>>> Did you copy the config files over from the other applications as well?
>>> Specifically, IMP? Sounds like you are probably using application/imp
>>> authentication but IMP isn't configured correctly.
>>>

>> Yes, I copied over /var/www/horde/imp/config/backends.php and
>> /var/www/horde/imp/config/conf.php to the new installation. However, if I
>> copy the config from conf.php.dist then it works.
>>

> What is on your backends.php, backends.local.php and conf.php. Usually one
> changes only backends.local.php, neither conf.php, nor backends.php.
>

>> Why I cannot simply copy the /var/www/horde from the source server to the
>> new server and then upgrad each component? This would be the easiest way
>> for me.
>>

> Installing Horde is beyond just copying Horde directory from one server to
> another.

I could migrate horde to the new server as follow:

Copy database
Copy /var/www/horde
pear upgrade PEAR
pear channel-discover pear.horde.org
pear install horde/horde_role
pear run-scripts horde/horde_role # Choose the copied horde directory
/var/www/horde
pear upgrade horde/webmail

Are there reasons not to migrate & upgrade horde like this?

>>> https://www.facebook.com/hordeproject
>>> https://www.twitter.com/hordeproject
>>>
>>> --

> Maurício José T. Tecles
> Instituto de Biofísica Carlos Chagas Filho/UFRJ
> Av. Carlos Chagas Filho, 373
> Núcleo de Informática
> CCS, Bloco G, sala G1-006
> Cidade Universitária - Ilha do Fundão