[horde] Migrating horde 5.0.3 to a CentOS server

Vilius Sumskas/LNK vilius at lnk.lt
Mon Feb 13 12:58:33 UTC 2017

<mtecles at biof.ufrj.br>:

> [...]
/var/www/horde/config/conf.php

> >> Yes, I copied over /var/www/horde/imp/config/backends.php and
> >> /var/www/horde/imp/config/conf.php to the new installation. However,
if I
> >> copy the config from conf.php.dist then it works.
> >>

> > What is on your backends.php, backends.local.php and conf.php. Usually
one
> > changes only backends.local.php, neither conf.php, nor backends.php.
> >

> >> Why I cannot simply copy the /var/www/horde from the source server to
the
> >> new server and then upgrad each component? This would be the easiest
way
> >> for me.
> >>

> > Installing Horde is beyond just copying Horde directory from one
server to
> > another.
> >

> I could migrate horde to the new server as follow:
>
> Copy database
> Copy /var/www/horde
> pear upgrade PEAR
> pear channel-discover pear.horde.org
> pear install horde/horde_role
> pear run-scripts horde/horde_role # Choose the copied horde directory
> /var/www/horde
> pear upgrade horde/webmail
>
> Are there reasons not to migrate & upgrade horde like this?

Unless both systems are a complete clone of each other, then yes. Horde
libraries are installed into PEAR's directory. On some OSes it is under
/usr/share/pear, on some under /usr/share/php, and on others
/usr/local/share/php

Also it depends on how you originally installed Horde. RPMs could put
files into different paths.

You should also not copy configuration files blindly. There are
differences in files between versions (see
https://www.horde.org/apps/horde/docs/UPGRADING)

My recommended procedure would be:
1) Install Horde on the new server from scratch.
2) Recreate/adjust configuration files according to your old
configuration.
3) Copy database/vfs data.
4) Run DB migrations if needed.

--