[horde] Problem with Horde "Mailbox does not support mod-sequences"

Hendrik Noack hn at axxedia-it.de
Mon Feb 13 13:47:29 UTC 2017

Hi Luca,

I do use Debian 8 with Dovecot and Horde 5.2.17. I never experienced this
error before, but I don't think it is related to Horde. Is it a general
problem or does it only happen to some users?

You could rule out horde by using an IMAP client like thunderbird against
your dovecot server.  Horde is just using IMAP (via php). Are you using the
default imp IMAP configuration or did you customized it? If so, could you
please try it with the default (if thats possible in your setup)?

If you can rule out horde it must be some kind of problem with the dovecot
configuration or with specific mailboxes. If you use maildir format, you
could try to make a backup of the mailbox directory and start fresh to see
if that helps. You can even copy a few mail files back in there, dovecot
should rebuild the index by itself the next time you access the directory
from an IMAP client. Try to delete them.

If nothing helps, you might have to enabled debug log in dovecot and
reproduce the error. Maybe there is something in logs that points you in the
right direction. Needles to say that file system permission should be
checked first, right? ;-)

Mit freundlichen Grüßen / Best regards

Hendrik Noack

--
Axxedia IT GmbH

Schwabstr. 30
71106 Magstadt

Tel +49 7159 4979763
Fax +49 7159 4979775

Mail hn at axxedia-it.de

Sitz der Gesellschaft: Schwabstr. 30, 71106 Magstadt
Geschäftsführer: Hendrik Noack . Amtsgericht: Stuttgart HRB 727296