[horde] Problem with Horde "Mailbox does not support mod-sequences"

Luca Bertoncello lucabert at lucabert.de
Mon Feb 13 14:04:31 UTC 2017

Zitat von Hendrik Noack <hn at axxedia-it.de>:

Hi Hendrik,

> I do use Debian 8 with Dovecot and Horde 5.2.17. I never experienced this
> error before, but I don't think it is related to Horde. Is it a general
> problem or does it only happen to some users?

No, the problem is for all users...

> You could rule out horde by using an IMAP client like thunderbird against

how can I do that?

> your dovecot server.  Horde is just using IMAP (via php). Are you using the
> default imp IMAP configuration or did you customized it? If so, could you
> please try it with the default (if thats possible in your setup)?

I just gived the Server, the Port and said, that TLS should be used...
Then I checked "cache IMAP-Folder".
Is that what you mean?

> If you can rule out horde it must be some kind of problem with the dovecot
> configuration or with specific mailboxes. If you use maildir format, you
> could try to make a backup of the mailbox directory and start fresh to see
> if that helps. You can even copy a few mail files back in there, dovecot
> should rebuild the index by itself the next time you access the directory
> from an IMAP client. Try to delete them.

I have a test account and I tried with it. Same problem...

> If nothing helps, you might have to enabled debug log in dovecot and
> reproduce the error. Maybe there is something in logs that points you in the
> right direction. Needles to say that file system permission should be
> checked first, right? ;-)

Maybe could we compare our configuration files? You can send me a PN...

Thanks
Luca Bertoncello
(lucabert at lucabert.de)