[horde] Removing users data when cancelling account

Michael J Rubinsky mrubinsk at horde.org
Thu Feb 16 16:00:08 UTC 2017

Quoting Ricardo Buchalla Auada <rauada at gmail.com>:

> Em 15 de fev de 2017 16:37, "Michael J Rubinsky" <mrubinsk at horde.org>
> escreveu:
>

> Quoting Ricardo Buchalla Auada <rauada at gmail.com>:
>
> Hi there !
>>
>> When we cancel an user email, all the information remains, because the mail
>> system is independent from Horde.
>>
>> We integrate Horde and email through imap login.
>>
>> Is there a way to be able to clean the data from a specific email user?
>>

> If you are not using Horde to cancel the account, you must manually run the
> horde-remove-user-data script.
>

> Is there the complete syntax for this script? Because we use a separate DB
> for each domain.

I'm not sure the script can handle different domains, since Horde's
support for multiple domains relies on the domain the request comes in
on. You may need to hack the script for that.

> FWIW, depending on your IMAP infrastructure, you may be able to use Horde
> to manage those accounts as well.
>

> Really? What are the pre-reqs?
> We use Vpopmail with mysql and Dovecot.

You configure horde to authenticate against the same sql database that
Dovecot uses. This is done using the SQL authetication with custom
queries backend.