[horde] Horde Database

Maurício José T. Tecles mtecles at biof.ufrj.br
Tue Mar 7 18:06:59 UTC 2017

Citando Harlan <harlan.bloom at gmail.com>:

> Hello,
>   I've installed Horde on Ubuntu using the version available from apt-get.
>   I'm installing on Ubuntu 16.04 inside of an lxc container.
> Everything for this installation will be in the same container.
>   The horde version is 5.2.9+debian0-1build1.
>
>   My question is, how do I get the database setup?  Nothing I've
> tried seems to work.  I haven't been able to find any SQL files that
> would allow me to create the tables manually.  I have created a
> database in mySQL to use, but haven't found any php files to add the
> connect info to.
>   I have looked at a number of installation documents, many of them
> out of date.
>
>   I'm open to suggestions/ideas.

As you are open to suggestions, don't install Horde from Ubuntu
distrubution! Remove it, and install via Pear, but read Horde
installation instructions. I use Debian (very similar to Ubuntu) and
Horde Webmail installed via Pear, no problem.

https://www.horde.org
https://www.horde.org/apps/webmail/docs/INSTALL (for Horde Webmail)

Mauricio

> Thanks,
> Harlan...

Maurício José T. Tecles
Instituto de Biofísica Carlos Chagas Filho/UFRJ
Av. Carlos Chagas Filho, 373
Núcleo de Informática
CCS, Bloco G, sala G1-006
Cidade Universitária - Ilha do Fundão