[horde] Issues concerning Active Sync + Win 10 Standard Calendar/Mail App

baeumle at dbvis.inf.uni-konstanz.de baeumle at dbvis.inf.uni-konstanz.de
Fri Mar 10 10:17:58 UTC 2017

Hi Horde-Team,

we have some trouble syncing the Windows 10 Calendar/Mail Apps with
our Horde installation. Only with these apps. No problems with Android
apps/iOS apps/Outlook...

Unfortunately we couldn't manage to find a solution so far or couldn't
find some related issue on the internet.

Also some Windows updates before it worked...

Windows sais it is a problem related to the provisioning. Maybe you
have some suggestion for us. Here the details:

Horde Settings:
  Active Sync version: 14.1
  Allowing non-provisionable devices

The Microsoft-Exchange-TestConnectivity-Tool gives us the following
error when sending the response header:

------------------------ BEGIN HEADER MESSAGE -------------------------------

An ActiveSync session is being attempted with the server.
          Errors were encountered while testing the Exchange
ActiveSync session.

         Additional Detail

Elapsed Time: 453 ms.

         Test Steps

         Attempting to send the OPTIONS command to the server.
          The OPTIONS response was successfully received and is valid.

         Additional Details
         Attempting the FolderSync command on the Exchange ActiveSync session.
          The test of the FolderSync command failed.

         Additional Details

A Web exception occurred because an HTTP 449 - 449 response was
received from Unknown.
HTTP Response Headers:
Allow: OPTIONS,POST
Public: OPTIONS,POST
MS-Server-ActiveSync: 14.1
MS-ASProtocolVersions: 2.5,12.0,12.1,14.0,14.1
MS-ASProtocolCommands:
Sync,SendMail,SmartForward,SmartReply,GetAttachment,GetHierarchy,CreateCollection,DeleteCollection,MoveCollection,FolderSync,FolderCreate,FolderDelete,FolderUpdate,MoveItems,GetItemEstimate,MeetingResponse,Search,Settings,Ping,ItemOperations,Provision,ResolveRecipients,ValidateCert