[horde] Issues concerning Active Sync + Win 10 Standard Calendar/Mail App

Michael J Rubinsky mrubinsk at horde.org
Sat Mar 11 01:10:23 UTC 2017

Quoting baeumle at dbvis.inf.uni-konstanz.de:

> [...]
> couldn't find some related issue on the internet.
>
> Also some Windows updates before it worked...
>
> Windows sais it is a problem related to the provisioning. Maybe you
> have some suggestion for us. Here the details:
>
> Horde Settings:
>  Active Sync version: 14.1
>  Allowing non-provisionable devices
>
> The Microsoft-Exchange-TestConnectivity-Tool gives us the following
> error when sending the response header:
>
> ------------------------ BEGIN HEADER MESSAGE -------------------------------
>
> An ActiveSync session is being attempted with the server.
>          Errors were encountered while testing the Exchange
> ActiveSync session.
>
>         Additional Detail
>
> Elapsed Time: 453 ms.
>
>         Test Steps
>
>         Attempting to send the OPTIONS command to the server.
>          The OPTIONS response was successfully received and is valid.
>
>         Additional Details
>         Attempting the FolderSync command on the Exchange ActiveSync session.
>          The test of the FolderSync command failed.
>
>         Additional Details
>
> A Web exception occurred because an HTTP 449 - 449 response was
> received from Unknown.
> HTTP Response Headers:
> Allow: OPTIONS,POST
> Public: OPTIONS,POST
> MS-Server-ActiveSync: 14.1
> MS-ASProtocolVersions: 2.5,12.0,12.1,14.0,14.1
> MS-ASProtocolCommands:
> Sync,SendMail,SmartForward,SmartReply,GetAttachment,GetHierarchy,CreateCollection,DeleteCollection,MoveCollection,FolderSync,FolderCreate,FolderDelete,FolderUpdate,MoveItems,GetItemEstimate,MeetingResponse,Search,Settings,Ping,ItemOperations,Provision,ResolveRecipients,ValidateCert
> Date: Wed, 08 Mar 2017 13:21:56 GMT
> Expires: Thu, 19 Nov 1981 08:52:00 GMT
> Last-Modified: Wed, 25 Jan 2017 13:19:46 GMT
> Set-Cookie: PHPSESSID=eruog2kjr9mpj072ll4rdibgh4;
> path=/;HttpOnly;Secure,PHPSESSID=eruog2kjr9mpj072ll4rdibgh4;
> path=/;HttpOnly;Secure,PHPSESSID=79ptbt5hi10vemqdga14eam5h7;
> path=/;HttpOnly;Secure,horde_secret_key=79ptbt5hi10vemqdga14eam5h7;
> path=/; domain=dbvis.inf.uni-konstanz.de;
> httponly;HttpOnly;Secure,default_horde_view=deleted; expires=Thu,
> 01-Jan-1970 00:00:01 GMT; Max-Age=0; path=/;
> domain=example.com;HttpOnly;Secure
> Server: Apache
> Elapsed Time: 265 ms.
>
> ------------------------- END HEADER MESSAGE -------------------------
>
> The mail/calender app gives the following error code:
>
> Error code: 0x85010013 and a link to the following ( was not
> helpfull at all )
>
> https://support.office.com/en-gb/article/This-device-doesn-t-meet-the-security-requirements-set-by-your-email-administrator-87132fc7-2c7f-4a71-9de0-779ff81c86ca?omkt=en-GB&ui=en-US&rs=en-GB&ad=GB
>
> It seems to be a problem with the provisioning relating to the
> errors, but as we allow non-provisionable devices we currently do
> not know how to solve it. Maybe you have an idea?

In the current code, Connectivity Analyzer will not work with
provisioning enabled at all. If you want to use it to test, you must
disable provisioning completely since it does not issue the PROVISION
command. Setting Horde's provisioning support to "allow" only allows
clients that have known problems with provisioning, but requires it
from all other clients. I'm making changes to the code to detect the
Analyzer client and add it to the list of allowed clients.

As for the actual issue you are experiencing, I'm not sure, since the
MS Mail client is supposed to support provisioning. I'll test locally
and see if I can reproduce any issues. In the mean time, it might be
helpful to know what version of Mail you are using and/or how it
identifies itself. I.e., UserAgent, Version etc...