[horde] Disabling of dynamicmode

Jānis je at ktf.rtu.lv
Wed Mar 15 06:26:07 UTC 2017

Citēts Arjen de Korte <arjen+horde at de-korte.org>
Tue, 14 Mar 2017 21:09:20 +0100:

> Citeren Jānis <je at ktf.rtu.lv>:
>> Is it possible to disable the dynamic mode in Horde config or, at
>> least - to make the basic view default and dynamic to be chosen
>> only manually?
>
> The basic view is obsolete and (as far as I know) will no longer be
> available when Horde 6 is released. The question here is, why do you
> want to be this the default?

simple answer - we need a mail reading tool without (sorry)
distracting and pointless bells and whistles just because marketing
people thinks that  "they look cool" and the "existing technologies
allows it". I remember the discussions on the new interface of horde
before the switch from 4 to 5 and whining that it looks obsolete.

We are using it for reading of the mail, not for the kindergarten
entertainment.
There is even reason why we do not use the latest stable Horde, but
around two years old version.

You may say - there are a lot of options. Yes, we know about them, so
when time comes, we will be ready to dump Horde for something less
bloated. If the need for webmail will not be dead as such by that
time. Currently it is just convenient not to change.

Janis