[horde] Trouble connecting to server from imp...

Michael Christopher Robinson plug_1 at robinson-west.com
Wed Mar 22 05:38:25 UTC 2017

I can connect to dovecot with tls from the test.php page no problem.

Dovecot is running on mail.robinson-west.com which is 192.168.5.3 in
my network.  The internal address for web.robinson-west.com is
192.168.5.1.

The postgresql backend must be working, I can log in to the framework
no problem.

User admin is not authorized for Mail (Host: eagle.robinson-west.com).

The above is problematic.

[root at web robinson-west.com]# apachectl -v
Server version: Apache/2.4.25 (Unix)
Server built:   Mar  8 2017 20:22:26
[root at web robinson-west.com]#

[root at web robinson-west.com]# php -v
PHP 5.6.30 (cli) (built: Mar 11 2017 05:24:58)
Copyright (c) 1997-2016 The PHP Group
Zend Engine v2.6.0, Copyright (c) 1998-2016 Zend Technologies
[root at web robinson-west.com]#

I'm on CentOS 6.8, but php, apache, and perl are custom compiled.

[root at web imp]# cat config/backends.local.php
<?php
// IMAP server
$servers['imap'] = array(
    // ENABLED by default; will connect to IMAP port on local server
    'disabled' => false,
    'name' => 'IMAP on goose',
    'hostspec' => 'mail.robinson-west.com',
    'hordeauth' => false,
    'protocol' => 'imap',
    'port' => 143,
    // Plaintext logins are disabled by default on IMAP servers (see
RFC 3501
    // [6.2.3]), so TLS is the only guaranteed authentication available
by
    // default.
    'secure' => 'tls',
);
[root at web imp]#

I am using the passwd file on goose for IMAP, haven't figured out yet
how to use the horde password instead so that I can log in once for
both horde and email.

When I click on mail I get an error, "Error when communicating with the
server." The page never loads.  I think php-fpm is crashing, but I'm
not certain on this.