[horde] Import of contacts with multiple email addresses

Benedikt Bäumle baeumle at dbvis.inf.uni-konstanz.de
Thu Mar 23 15:50:21 UTC 2017

Hi Horde-Team,

we will soon have to import a lot of contact data from exchange (vcard
format) to horde and couldn't figure out to import contacts with
multiple email addresses.

We managed to add custom address fields to our horde installation using
the following tutorial:

https://monotok.org/add-custom-fields-horde-5-turba/

So we now have three fields for email ( 'Email', 'Home Email', 'Work
Email' ). But we have no idea how to configure the import to use all of
the three fields. Currently just the 'EMAIL'-line in our vcard contacts
are imported and the other email addresses are lost. Is it somehow possible?

An example vcard contact could look like this:

-------------------------------------- VCARD

BEGIN:VCARD
FN:Test\, Mister
N:Test;Mister;;;
EMAIL:test at test.com
HOMEEMAIL:test.test at test.de
WORKEMAIL:test at test.de
BDAY:1999-01-01T22:00:00Z
ADR;TYPE=home:;;Mister Test\nBananastreet 4b;Bananatown;;12345;Bananaland
LABEL;TYPE=home:Mister Test\nBananastreet 4b\n\n12345 Bananatown\nBananaland
TEL;TYPE=work,voice:+49 123456789
TEL;TYPE=home,voice:+49 1234 56789
TEL;TYPE=cell,voice:+49 176123456789
TITLE:Research Associate