[horde] Help with moving older version of Horde to new Server

Michael J Rubinsky mrubinsk at horde.org
Thu Mar 23 16:23:39 UTC 2017

Quoting Tim Grooms <timgrooms at noacon.com>:

> Hello All,
>
> I have inherited an old Linux box running Fedora Core 4 and Horde
> Groupware Webmail Edition 1.2.9.
> I am in the process of getting everything ready to move over to a
> new machine running Fedora 24 and
> want to upgrade to the latest stable version.  Can anyone point me
> to information that will help me with
> this move and what all I need to do?
>
> Thanks,
> Tim

Basically you need to make sure that your current install is at the
most up to date state for that version, especially all of the database
updates. Then setup your new host completely from scratch and move
your existing database over. The migrations will take care of updating
the existing database.

This has been discussed a number of times recently on the mailing
list, so you can check the archives for details on some issues others
have come across.