[horde] CheckBox Issue... I call it a bug, you?

Volker Then horde40 at volkerthen.com
Tue Mar 28 16:45:14 UTC 2017

Quoting David <david at intknowledge.com>:

> I have frequent complaints from users over this issue.
>

> On 27/03/2560 19:12, Jan Schneider wrote:
>> Hi Dave,
>>
>> Zitat von David Cunningham <dcunningham at additionnetworks.net>:
>>
>>> Hi All,
>>>
>>> When using the current version of Horde I click on the subject
>>> line of an email to preview it in the preview window.
>>>
>>> If you then click the check box of a different email with the
>>> intention of deleting it you leave two checked emails.  So, when
>>> you hit delete, both are deleted.
>>>
>>> On any other system (Google, Yahoo, Aol) when you preview an email
>>> it does not check it.  It is only checked when you click the
>>> checkbox itself or do a multi select manually.
>>>
>>> This has been an issue for a few of our users mistakenly deleting emails.
>>>
>>> Can this code be adjusted so when clicking on an email itself for
>>> the purpose or preview it does not check it in the checkbox
>>> column... only if you click the check box?
>>>
>>> Thanks,
>>>
>>> Dave
>>
>> This has been the behaviour since the first dynamic webmail version
>> almost 10 years ago. Changing this would in return confuse every of
>> our existing users.

It happened quite some times, that I deleted messages by accident
because of that certain behaviour. Another issue on message deletion
is the keyboard shortcut "Ctrl+Shift+Del" which is a Chrome shortcut
for opening the "Clear browsing data" settings. If you use this
shortcut accidentally inside Horde/Imp while some message is active
(marked) this message got moved to trash.