[horde] saslauth permission denied

Andreas Mauser andreas at mauser.info
Fri Mar 31 09:56:01 UTC 2017

Hi,

since my wife did not send mails since I moved to my new mail server I
cannot say for sure if I missed some permissions somewhere on the new
mailserver, or the problem is since I upgraded yesterday to the new
Horde version.

I am able to send Mails from Horde via my Mailserver (which is on
another server).
My wife gets the Horde error message: Beim Versenden der Nachricht ist
ein Fehler aufgetreten: Server denied authentication

The Mailservers log shows:
Mar 31 11:41:53 mauser postfix/smtpd[13094]: connect from webserver
Mar 31 11:41:53 mauser postfix/smtpd[13094]: Anonymous TLS connection
established from webserver: TLSv1.2 with cipher
Mar 31 11:41:53 mauser postfix/smtpd[13094]: warning: SASL
authentication failure: Password verification failed
Mar 31 11:56:20 mauser postfix/smtpd[14215]: warning: webserver: SASL
PLAIN authentication failed: authentication failure
Mar 31 11:56:22 mauser postfix/smtpd[14215]: warning: webserver: SASL
LOGIN authentication failed: authentication failure
Mar 31 11:41:53 mauser postfix/smtpd[13094]: disconnect from webserver

My wife has a user account on the mailserver. I use IMP to
authenticate. Dovecot is the IMAP server. Postfix the MTA.

Can you push me in the right direction please?

Many thanks,
Andreas

--
Mail checked by UTM