[horde] Heads up: Git split!

Jan Schneider jan at horde.org
Wed Sep 27 09:02:03 UTC 2017

Hello,

we have planned and prepared to split our monolithic Git repository
(https://github.com/horde/horde) into separate repositories for each
component (read libraries and applications) for a long time.

Actually completing the split is necessary for getting further with
the release process of Horde 6. And the time is now.

So this is just a heads up that in the coming days or weeks we are
going to start the split process. We are trying to keep the
interruptions as short as possible, but everybody should be aware that
development processes and setups are subject to change with the split.
Most important, the old horde repository will no longer be used for
development, though it will be kept in place. Your checkouts won't get
void, but won't receive any updates either. Details will be available
from the homepage once the split is complete.

It might become a bit bumpy for some time after the split, so please
bear with us, and provide us with your feedback, bug reports about the
new infrastructure, etc.

Jan.

--
Jan Schneider