[horde] Heads up: Git split!

Simon B simon.buongiorno at gmail.com
Wed Sep 27 09:19:23 UTC 2017

On 27 Sep 2017 11:02, "Jan Schneider" <jan at horde.org> wrote:

> Hello,
>
> we have planned and prepared to split our monolithic Git repository (
https://github.com/horde/horde) into separate repositories for each
component (read libraries and applications) for a long time.

> Actually completing the split is necessary for getting further with the
release process of Horde 6. And the time is now.

> So this is just a heads up that in the coming days or weeks we are going
to start the split process. We are trying to keep the interruptions as
short as possible, but everybody should be aware that development processes
and setups are subject to change with the split. Most important, the old
horde repository will no longer be used for development, though it will be
kept in place. Your checkouts won't get void, but won't receive any updates
either. Details will be available from the homepage once the split is
complete.

> It might become a bit bumpy for some time after the split, so please bear
with us, and provide us with your feedback, bug reports about the new
infrastructure, etc.

I suppose this makes sense, but could you factor precise instructions on
how to update installs via a git pull, which I currently do on a weekly
basis?

Would be much appreciated as I an not a developer and don't use git other
than for keeping horde up to date.

Thanks

Simon