[horde] Outlook 2016 and ActiveSync

0x90 0x90 at wmailer.net
Mon Jan 29 17:05:23 UTC 2018

Zitat von Volker Then <horde40 at volkerthen.com>:

> Quoting Volker Then <horde40 at volkerthen.com>:
>
>> Hi guys,
>>
>> did anyone of you manage to make Outlook 2016 work with Horde
>> ActiveSync? It countlessly asks for username and password, there is
>> no real manual setup. If I try username at my-horde-domain.com it is
>> not working too. We don't use full email addresses as login, just
>> an old-school username (which has mostly nothing to do with the
>> email addresses associated to the account).
>>
>> I tried "Exchange", I tried "Outlook.com" and even "Office365". No
>> sucecss at all. Autodiscover for said domain is set up, and works
>> properly in Outlook 2013. With Outlook 2016 I only see 401s and
>> 200s in apache's logfile, when Outlook tries to get the
>> autosdiscover file, but it never downloads the xml file.
>>
>> Is - at the end - activesync functionality removed from Outlook
>> 2016 or what am I missing? But old accounts, which OL 2016 took
>> over from 2013 after the "upgrade", are still working.
>>
>> Some of our clients are switching now to OL 2016, and I am kinda
>> lost with that piece of ****. ;-)
>>
>> Any help is appreciated, thanks in advance
>>
>> Volker
>>

> Corrected the subject to "Outlook 2016". Sorry.

I have connected about 17 Outlook 2016 clients to Horde. And they all
work "as well" as the other 14 Outlook 2013.

"Manual setup or additional server types" -> "Outlook.com or Exchange
ActiveSync compatible service" -> enter name, email address, server,
username and password -> finish&done

In Apache I have set these aliases:

         Alias /Microsoft-Server-ActiveSync <path_to_horde>/rpc.php
         Alias /microsoft-server-activesync <path_to_horde>/rpc.php
         Alias /autodiscover/autodiscover.xml <path_to_horde>/rpc.php
         Alias /Autodiscover/Autodiscover.xml <path_to_horde>/rpc.php
         Alias /AutoDiscover/AutoDiscover.xml <path_to_horde>/rpc.php

I am sure some of these aliases are obsolete by now. Some older
clients used that aliases and this list is grown historically.
As far as I can see in the logs Outlook uses only
"/Microsoft-Server-ActiveSync".