[horde] Security Requirements for Windows 10

Andreas Mauser andreas at mauser.info
Thu Feb 1 18:18:57 UTC 2018

Hi,

----- Nachricht von SZÉPE Viktor <viktor at szepe.net> ---------
   Datum: Thu, 01 Feb 2018 18:55:11 +0100
     Von: SZÉPE Viktor <viktor at szepe.net>
Betreff: Re: [horde] Security Requirements for Windows 10
      An: horde at lists.horde.org

> Idézem/Quoting Andreas Mauser <andreas at mauser.info>:
>
>> Hi,
>>
>> when I setup Windows Mail or the Windows Calender App I get the
>> error message:
>>
>> Dieses Gerät erfüllt nicht die von Ihrem E-Mal Administrator
>> festgelegten Sicherheitsanforderungen. Um 'Horde_Kalender' zu
>> synchronisieren, müssen Sie Ihre Einstellungen ändern.
>>
>> Can you please direct me to a guide that explains how that should be set up?
>>
>> Many thanks,
>> Andreas
>
> Hallo Andreas!
>
> Check your HTTP SSL settings https://www.ssllabs.com/ssltest/
> And try reading
> https://support.office.com/de-de/article/beheben-von-synchronisierungsproblemen-in-den-mail-und-kalender-apps-in-windows-10-0dd86c69-18f3-4f73-9d3d-375bdc9c3e34

After reading this article it leads to this one:
https://support.office.com/de-de/article/dieses-ger%C3%A4t-erf%C3%BCllt-nicht-die-sicherheitsanforderungen-die-von-ihrem-e-mail-administrator-festgelegt-wurden-87132fc7-2c7f-4a71-9de0-779ff81c86ca?ui=de-DE&rs=de-DE&ad=DE

And then I give up with encrypting my whols system, before I will be
able to send mails`..
AFAIK everything else I already tried as far as it can be done in my
domain environment.

> Or you may not use an external service at all, so your sysadmin
> should "Beheben" this restriction.

Thunderbird is able to send mails from this PC, but it's using imap to
connect to the mail server.
The Calender app I have here is using Activesync.

SO this is why I assumed something must be configured in the HORDE
permission settings?
Can that be? I evaluated some with no success.

Thank you,
Andreas