[horde] Security Requirements for Windows 10

Arjen de Korte arjen+horde at de-korte.org
Thu Feb 1 18:26:16 UTC 2018

Citeren Andreas Mauser <andreas at mauser.info>:

> Hi,
>
> ----- Nachricht von SZÉPE Viktor <viktor at szepe.net> ---------
>   Datum: Thu, 01 Feb 2018 18:55:11 +0100
>     Von: SZÉPE Viktor <viktor at szepe.net>
> Betreff: Re: [horde] Security Requirements for Windows 10
>      An: horde at lists.horde.org
>

>> Idézem/Quoting Andreas Mauser <andreas at mauser.info>:
>>
>>> Hi,
>>>
>>> when I setup Windows Mail or the Windows Calender App I get the
>>> error message:
>>>
>>> Dieses Gerät erfüllt nicht die von Ihrem E-Mal Administrator
>>> festgelegten Sicherheitsanforderungen. Um 'Horde_Kalender' zu
>>> synchronisieren, müssen Sie Ihre Einstellungen ändern.
>>>
>>> Can you please direct me to a guide that explains how that should
>>> be set up?
>>>
>>> Many thanks,
>>> Andreas
>>
>> Hallo Andreas!
>>
>> Check your HTTP SSL settings https://www.ssllabs.com/ssltest/
>> And try reading
>> https://support.office.com/de-de/article/beheben-von-synchronisierungsproblemen-in-den-mail-und-kalender-apps-in-windows-10-0dd86c69-18f3-4f73-9d3d-375bdc9c3e34
>
> After reading this article it leads to this one:
> https://support.office.com/de-de/article/dieses-ger%C3%A4t-erf%C3%BCllt-nicht-die-sicherheitsanforderungen-die-von-ihrem-e-mail-administrator-festgelegt-wurden-87132fc7-2c7f-4a71-9de0-779ff81c86ca?ui=de-DE&rs=de-DE&ad=DE
>
> And then I give up with encrypting my whols system, before I will be
> able to send mails`..
> AFAIK everything else I already tried as far as it can be done in my
> domain environment.
>
>> Or you may not use an external service at all, so your sysadmin
>> should "Beheben" this restriction.
>
> Thunderbird is able to send mails from this PC, but it's using imap
> to connect to the mail server.
> The Calender app I have here is using Activesync.
>
> SO this is why I assumed something must be configured in the HORDE
> permission settings?
> Can that be? I evaluated some with no success.

You probably have enabled provisioning. This used to work when set to
'Allow non-provisionable devices' but as far as I can tell, the only
setting that currently works is 'Disable (not recommended)'. But even
with that setting some clients won't work while others run flawlessly.

I don't recommend to use ActiveSync with the build-in Mail service in
Windows 10.