[horde] Timeout when sending to a lot of recipients

Andre Luiz Paiz andre.paiz at iqm.unicamp.br
Fri Feb 9 11:52:41 UTC 2018

Hi, we just received a issue notification by an user that is trying to
send via horde (5.2.20), a single message to 70 people.

Monitoring the server, the client connects to our mail server via
submission port and loose connection on processing message 61. I can
tel because I use a cluebringer quota service that logs every single
entrance. Users have a quota of 120 messages per our and I'm setting
the tracker to 0 for testing. So it is not a quota problem.
After that, client receive a server problem/time out message and not a
single message is sent.

When trying to send fewer messages, everything works fine.

Server runs postfix and have the default values (1000 simultaneous messages).
Is there a client timeout for horde that I can tune?

I turned on horde debug log and there is nothing related.

Thanks.
  Atenciosamente

André Luiz Paiz
Administração de Redes