[horde] Installation problems

Ralph Ballier ballier at mail.schule.de
Mon Feb 19 11:22:39 UTC 2018

> Quoting Ralph Ballier <ballier at mail.schule.de>:
>
>> Hello,
>>
>> I have not been able to bring a horde installation to a successful
>> conclusion in recent times.
>>
>> Now I tried again on a completely new v-server under Ubuntu 16.04.
>>
>> I entered:
>> pear channel-discover pear.horde.org
>> pear install horde/horde_role
>> pear run-scripts horde/horde_role
>> pear install -a -B horde/webmail
>> webmail-install
>>
>> After testing with http://<server name>/horde/test came the error message:
>>
>> Could not find Horde's framework libraries in the following
>> path(s):
>> /var/www/vhosts/horde-test.schule.de/httpdocs/lib:.:/usr/share/php[1].
>> Please read horde/docs/INSTALL for information on how to install
>> these libraries.
>>
>> What can I do? horde/docs/INSTALL does not exists.
>
> https://www.horde.org/apps/webmail/docs/INSTALL#installing-horde-groupware-webmail-edition
>
> What is the output of the webmail-install script? What value did you
> enter when running the horde_role script? I just ran my vagrant
> script for installing this on a new VM and it worked fine locally.
>
> --
> mike
> The Horde Project
> http://www.horde.org
> https://www.facebook.com/hordeprojecthttps://www.twitter.com/hordeproject

Hello,

I started again, but with the same result (missing libs, see above).

My provider (Strato in Berlin) has completely reset the V-server to
Ubuntu 16.04 + Plesk.

As the only installation I installed pear with "apt install php-pear".
  Then I set up the (empty) database with Plesk and the new domain
"horde-test.schule.de".

  Then I entered the commands in sequence as described above and
logged everything.

  In the horde_role script I made the following entry:

  "File system location for the base horde application:
/var/www/vhosts/horde-test.schule.de/httpdocs "

  The output of the webmail install script is:

================ Begin output webmail install script
===================================

Installing Horde Groupware Webmail Edition

Configuring database settings

What database backend should we use?
    (false) [None]
    (mysql) MySQL / PDO
    (mysqli) MySQL (mysqli)
    (oci8) Oracle
    (pgsql) PostgreSQL
    (sqlite) SQLite

Type your choice []: mysqli

Username to connect to the database as* [] horde-test
Password to connect with
How should we connect to the database?
    (unix) UNIX Sockets
    (tcp) TCP/IP

Type your choice [unix]: unix

Location of UNIX socket [] /var/run/mysqld/mysqld.sock

Database name to use* [] horde-test

Internally used charset* [utf-8]
Use SSL to connect to the server?
    (false) No
    (true) Yes

Type your choice []: false
Split reads to a different server?
    (false) Disabled
    (true) Enabled

Type your choice [false]: false
Should Horde log all queries. If selected, queries will be logged at the DEBUG
level to your configured logger.
    (1) Yes
    (0) No

Type your choice [0]: 0

Writing main configuration file... done.

Creating and updating database tables... done.

Configuring administrator settings

Specify an existing mail user who you want to give administrator
permissions (optional):

Writing main configuration file... done.

Links:
------
[1] http://horde-test.schule.de/httpdocs/lib:.:/usr/share/php