[horde] Installation problems

Jan Schneider jan at horde.org
Mon Feb 19 16:43:59 UTC 2018

Zitat von Ralph Ballier <ballier at mail.schule.de>:

>> Quoting Ralph Ballier <ballier at mail.schule.de>:
>>
>>> Hello,
>>>
>>> I have not been able to bring a horde installation to a successful
>>> conclusion in recent times.
>>>
>>> Now I tried again on a completely new v-server under Ubuntu 16.04.
>>>
>>> I entered:
>>> pear channel-discover pear.horde.org
>>> pear install horde/horde_role
>>> pear run-scripts horde/horde_role
>>> pear install -a -B horde/webmail
>>> webmail-install
>>>
>>> After testing with http://<server name>/horde/test came the error message:
>>>
>>> Could not find Horde's framework libraries in the following
>>> path(s):
>>> /var/www/vhosts/horde-test.schule.de/httpdocs/lib:.:/usr/share/php[1].
>>> Please read horde/docs/INSTALL for information on how to install
>>> these libraries.
>>>
>>> What can I do? horde/docs/INSTALL does not exists.
>>
>> https://www.horde.org/apps/webmail/docs/INSTALL#installing-horde-groupware-webmail-edition
>>
>> What is the output of the webmail-install script? What value did
>> you enter when running the horde_role script? I just ran my vagrant
>> script for installing this on a new VM and it worked fine locally.
>>
>> --
>> mike
>> The Horde Project
>> http://www.horde.org
>> https://www.facebook.com/hordeprojecthttps://www.twitter.com/hordeproject
>
> Hello,
>
> I started again, but with the same result (missing libs, see above).
>
> My provider (Strato in Berlin) has completely reset the V-server to
> Ubuntu 16.04 + Plesk.
>
> As the only installation I installed pear with "apt install php-pear".
>  Then I set up the (empty) database with Plesk and the new domain
> "horde-test.schule.de".
>
>  Then I entered the commands in sequence as described above and
> logged everything.
>
>  In the horde_role script I made the following entry:
>
>  "File system location for the base horde application:
> /var/www/vhosts/horde-test.schule.de/httpdocs "
>
>  The output of the webmail install script is:
>
> ================ Begin output webmail install script
> ===================================
>
> Installing Horde Groupware Webmail Edition
>
> Configuring database settings
>
> What database backend should we use?
>     (false) [None]
>     (mysql) MySQL / PDO
>     (mysqli) MySQL (mysqli)
>     (oci8) Oracle
>     (pgsql) PostgreSQL
>     (sqlite) SQLite
>
> Type your choice []: mysqli
>
> Username to connect to the database as* [] horde-test
> Password to connect with
> How should we connect to the database?
>     (unix) UNIX Sockets
>     (tcp) TCP/IP
>
> Type your choice [unix]: unix
>
> Location of UNIX socket [] /var/run/mysqld/mysqld.sock
>
> Database name to use* [] horde-test
>
> Internally used charset* [utf-8]
> [...]

Since webmail-install seemed to have worked, the framework libraries
have successfully been installed. So it's  PHP on the command line and
on the web server that have different opinions on whether (or probably
rather where) the libraries are installed.

Does "php -i | grep include_path" reveal the same paths like the error
message on the test page in the browser?

--
Jan Schneider
The Horde Project