[horde] Installation with apt

SZÉPE Viktor viktor at szepe.net
Mon Mar 12 16:06:46 UTC 2018

Idézem/Quoting Jan Schneider <jan at horde.org>:

> Zitat von Ralph Ballier <ballier at mail.schule.de>:
>
>> Hello,
>>
>> meanwhile, I've tried several times to install horde after the
>> tutorial on PEAR. Now I have succeeded once. But otherwise
>> something always went wrong. Either I made a mistake in the order
>> of the commands or something was wrong with the default setting of
>> the server. Then I could not correct anything and there was an
>> incomplete installation back. Often I could help by simply copying
>> the files of a working installation. But I think that's not a nice
>> state.
>>

>> Therefore, the question: why do you advise against doing the
>> installation as it is usual in Ubuntu, namely with "apt install
>> horde"?
>>
>> This always ran smoothly on all my other installations.
>
> We don't recommend against it, unless you need the latest fixes. We
> just don't support it.

It is extremely easy after you install Horde the PEAR-way once or twice.
See
https://github.com/szepeviktor/debian-server-tools/blob/master/mail/Horde.md

1. Good practice to run a website as a separate OS user
2. Install PEAR itself to the user's home
3. Add pear.horde.org to PEAR
4. Install Horde and its application and optional dependencies (like
File_ASN1)
5. On Debian I find it useful to get binary PHP extensions (php-geoip
php-horde-lz4 php-imagick php7.0-tidy) from OS packages

All the best!

SZÉPE Viktor, honlap üzemeltetés / Running your application
https://github.com/szepeviktor/debian-server-tools/blob/master/CV.md
--
+36-20-4242498  sms at szepe.net  skype: szepe.viktor
Budapest, III. kerület