[horde] multi-factor authentication

Ralf Lang lang at b1-systems.de
Wed Mar 28 18:15:09 UTC 2018

Am 28.03.2018 um 17:53 schrieb P.V.Anthony:
> On 28/03/2018 20:42, Bjoern Voigt wrote:
>> Mike Poznecki wrote:
>>> Hi, how can I implement multi-factor authentication with an RSA key?
>>>  I have searched long and wide and can not find any help.
>> Unfortunately, Two Factor authentication is not implemented in Horde
>> right now. I am also interested in this topic.
>>
>> [#14051] Two Factor Authentication
>> https://bugs.horde.org/ticket/14051
>
> Would using the following make it easier to do multi-factor auth?
>
> https://www.vaultproject.io/
>
> Saw a demo and was impressed. Please note I am not a programmer.
>
> P.V.Anthony

Vault doesn't really address what is needed here.
There are two options here:

- Delegate authentication to an auth provider (shibboleth, saml, openid
connect, etc) and let them worry about 2-factor implementation
- Build a 2-factor driver for horde

Both are somehow on my list, but no specific timeline can be given.
However, I am more interested in open solutions like TOTP/HOTP.
Though I use commercial RSA SecurId tokens in my daily work, I have
absolutely no interest in building a direct interface to the server
component.

Regards

Ralf

--