[horde] Main Horde channel has 5.2.17, but Horde/Groupware has 5.2.22?

Sebastian Arcus s.arcus at open-t.co.uk
Mon Apr 9 13:59:54 UTC 2018

This might be a trivial question. I am on Horde 5.2.17, and if I do:

# pear list-upgrades

I get:

Channel pear.horde.org: No upgrades available

However, if I install Horde/Groupware, I get Horde 5.2.22.

The official install docs still suggest:

     # pear install -a -B horde/horde

Which ends up installing 5.2.17. And if one continues by installing
separately the apps needed - such as Imp, Turba, Kronolith etc. - the
whole things stays at 5.2.17.

However, as I've seen elsewhere talk of version 5.2.22, I discovered
that if one installs the Groupware app, instead of separate apps, Horde
goes to 5.2.22.

I am a little puzzled. Are there two development tracks - one for main
Horde, one for the Groupware suite? Or has the main Horde package been
deprecated, and the current advice is to install the Groupware suite
instead.

Any info on this would be much appreciated.