[horde] Prepend forwarded messages with the ">" sign

Ralf Lang lang at b1-systems.de
Fri Apr 13 05:08:44 UTC 2018

Am 12.04.2018 um 12:46 schrieb Mike Maikaefer:
> Hi,
>
> no matter which option I use to forward a message, I never see the
> forwarded text prepended with a ">" sign. Means when the forwarded text is
> contained in the body text, I get a delimiter in style
>
> ----- Forwarded message from xxx at yyy.zzz -----
>    Date: Thu, 12 Apr 2018 10:37:36 +0100 (BST)
>    From: xxx at yyy.zzz
> Subject: aaaaaaa
>      To: bbb at ccc.ddd
>
> ...but the following text comes without this special
> quotation/reply/forward mark.
>
> So my question: what do I have to do/configure to get these ">" signs in
> front of every line of a forwarded text?
>
> Thanks!
Hi Mike, this is actually the expected behavior. Forwarding is not
replying. When forwarding mail, you should NOT change the content of the
forwarded part and provide it verbatim, be it inline behind a forward
marker or as an attachment/separate mail part, including all original
headers.

See also
https://www.ietf.org/rfc/rfc822.txt 4.2. FORWARDING