[horde] Installation with apt

SZÉPE Viktor viktor at szepe.net
Sat Apr 14 09:37:41 UTC 2018

Idézem/Quoting Ralph Ballier <ballier at mail.schule.de>:

> ----- Nachricht von Ralf Lang <lang at b1-systems.de> ---------
>   Datum: Mon, 12 Mar 2018 19:55:22 +0100
>     Von: Ralf Lang <lang at b1-systems.de>
> Betreff: Re: [horde] Installation with apt
>      An: horde at lists.horde.org
>
>> Am 12.03.2018 um 10:50 schrieb Ralph Ballier
>>> Hello,
>>>
>>> meanwhile, I've tried several times to install horde after the
>>> tutorial on PEAR. Now I have succeeded once. But otherwise something
>>> always went wrong. Either I made a mistake in the order of the
>>> commands or something was wrong with the default setting of the
>>> server. Then I could not correct anything and there was an incomplete
>>> installation back. Often I could help by simply copying the files of a
>>> working installation. But I think that's not a nice state.
>>>
>>> Therefore, the question: why do you advise against doing the
>>> installation as it is usual in Ubuntu, namely with "apt install horde"?

Horde's main distribution platform is PEAR, you could not expect apt
package maintainers to follow that quickly.

I've found the most sustainable way is the following:
- run Horde as a separate user
- have a local copy of PEAR
https://github.com/szepeviktor/debian-server-tools/blob/master/mail/Horde.md
- install and update Horde from pear.horde.org
- install PECL (binary) packages by apt

All the best!

SZÉPE Viktor, honlap üzemeltetés / Running your application
https://github.com/szepeviktor/debian-server-tools/blob/master/CV.md
--
ügyelet/hotline: +36-20-4242498  sms at szepe.net  skype: szepe.viktor
Budapest, III. kerület