[horde] Horde and ActiveSync on Android ?

Andreas Mauser andreas at mauser.info
Sun Apr 22 14:06:25 UTC 2018

Hi John,

----- Nachricht von john <hordemailing at malkaandmalka.info> ---------
      Datum: Sun, 22 Apr 2018 12:41:08 +0100
        Von: john <hordemailing at malkaandmalka.info>
Antwort an: john <hordemailing at malkaandmalka.info>
    Betreff: [horde] Horde and ActiveSync on Android ?
         An: horde at lists.horde.org

> Hi,
> We have another issue with syncing Android to the Horde.  The server is a
> CentOS 6.9 Final, kernel 2.6.32-642.6.2.el6.x86_64.
>
> We have the Horde (v. 5.2.22) and ActiveSync (v. 2.39.2), and calendar sync
> works flawlessly with an iPhone 7+.  Any events I add on the web GUI are
> immediately present on the iPhone (and vice versa), and any deletions -
> ditto.
>
> My wife was having issues with a Samsung S7.  She was using my account and
> password, and just selected 'calendar' rather than tasks and e-mails.
> There were no events being synced.   If she deleted the acount and
> recreated it, then all the events present in the Horde calendar appeared
> in the calendar on her telephone, but any subsequent edits to the calendar,
> did not reflect on the telephone.
>
> She received her new S9 yesterday, and it's the same story.  She adds the
> account, and all of the events appear.  I then add another event, and it
> doesn't appear on her telephone.
>
> If she deletes or edits one of the events that she can see, it's synced to
> the Horde GUI.  In short, it seems that any modifications made outside her
> mobile device are not reflected on that device unless the account is
> removed and re-added.
>
> Are there known issues with Android and ActiveSync?   Strangely, other
> ActiveSync accounts she has on her phone (her work account for example) are
> synching perfectly.
>
> I can post the active.log but it's huge.  What am I looking for in it?

It's a long story about not fully compatible activesync clients on
android phones. It's your wife's activesync client, the builtin one.

The short answer is: Invest a lil and get
https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.ninefolders.hd3&hl=de
99.999% of all your problems just vanish and you get a really useful
app for your android.

Best,
Andreas ;-)