[horde] duplicate key value violates unique constraint "horde_activesync_state_pkey"

Michael J Rubinsky mrubinsk at horde.org
Mon May 14 12:52:54 UTC 2018

Quoting Sebastian Arcus <s.arcus at open-t.co.uk>:

> I'm on Horde 5.2.17 with Lighttpd 1.4.49, PHP 5.6.35 and Postgresql 9.2.24
>
> I get lots of the above errors in the logs and most of the 8 iPhones
> can't sync or download emails for several hours at a time, then they
> work again, they they stop again - and so on. The full error message
> is:
>
> 2018-05-14T09:11:11+01:00 ERR: HORDE SQL QUERY FAILED:
> SQLSTATE[23505]: Unique violation: 7 ERROR:  duplicate key value
> violates unique constraint "horde_activesync_state_pkey"
> DETAIL:  Key (sync_key)=({5acb7873-baa4-4ea3-8f69-3d9bc0a83c02}1527)
> already exists.
> 	INSERT INTO "horde_activesync_state" ("sync_key", "sync_data",
> 	  "sync_devid", "sync_mod", "sync_folderid", "sync_user",
> 	  "sync_pending", "sync_timestamp") VALUES (?, :binary0, ?, ?, ?, ?, ?,
> 	  ?) [pid 11736 on line 282 of "/usr/lib/php/Horde/Db/Adapter/Pdo/Base.php"]
>
> I would really appreciate some guidance on this please - as the mail
> downloading on the iPhones is really erratic and it drives users
> bonkers - and in turn they are driving me up the wall :)

The unique violation is explained in the sync log, it happens when the
client either does not receive or does not understand the response it
was sent, so it issues the same sync request again. This can happen
from time to time under normal circumstances, but should not happen as
often as you state or prevent sync for hours at a time unless there is
something else going on.

I would need to see the sync log for a device that is experiencing
this behavior to help you debug the issue further.