[horde] DAVdroid addressbook problems

Jan Schneider jan at horde.org
Thu Aug 2 09:55:06 UTC 2018

Zitat von Ralph Ballier <ballier at mail.schule.de>:

> Hello,
>
> I use on my cellphone DAVdroid Addressbook.
>
> I regularly get error messages while syncing. Problems are displayed
> to synchronize a record. For a long time it is the same person, but
> it can also change.
>
>  From the very long error message, I have written down the parts
> that I think you can see the problem. For anonymizing I have used
> "xxxxx".
>
> ========================================= Start here
> =====================================================================================
> This is the request:
> [......]
>   HTTP REQUEST:
>   Request{method=PUT,
> url=https://horde.osz-lise-meitner.eu/rpc.php/addressbooks/-system-/contacts~localldap/uid=xx,ou=davinci,ou=People,dc=osz-lise-meitner,dc=eu.vcf,
> tag=null}
>   BEGIN:VCARD
>   VERSION:3.0
>   PRODID:+//IDN bitfire.at//DAVdroid/1.11.5-gplay ez-vcard/0.10.4
>   UID:xx
>   FN:Nxxxxx Sxxxxx
>   N:Sxxxxx,Nxxxxx
>   TEL;TYPE=home:03xxx xxxxxx
>   TEL;TYPE=work:xx
>   TEL;TYPE=cell:01xxx xxxxxx
>   davdroid1.EMAIL;TYPE=x-internet:xx at osz-lise-meitner.eu
>   davdroid1.X-ABLabel:Internet
>   ADR;TYPE=home:;;Gxxxxxxxxx\n1xxxx Zxxxxx
>   LABEL;TYPE=home:Gxxxxxxxx\n1xxxx Zxxxxx
>   NOTE:Kxxxxxxxxxxxx
>   PHOTO;ENCODING=b;TYPE=jpeg:/9j/4AAQSkZJRgABAQAAAQABAAD/2wBDAAgGBgcGBQgHBwcJ
>

> [........long part......]
>
> And this is the answer:
>  HTTP RESPONSE:
>  Response{protocol=http/1.1, code=500, message=Internal Server
> Error,
> url=https://horde.osz-lise-meitner.eu/rpc.php/addressbooks/-system-/contacts~localldap/uid=xx,ou=davinci,ou=People,dc=osz-lise-meitner,dc=eu.vcf}
>  <?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8"?>
>  <d:error xmlns:d="DAV:" xmlns:s="http://sabredav.org/ns">
>    <s:exception>Sabre\DAV\Exception</s:exception>
>    <s:message>Änderung fehlgeschlagen: (50) Insufficient access</s:message>
>    <s:sabredav-version>1.8.12</s:sabredav-version>
>  </d:error>
>  ========================================================= Ends here
>
> I mean, the problem is the DN
> uid=xx,ou=davinci,ou=People,dc=osz-lise-meitner,dc=eu.vcf. There is
> no "...,dc=eu.vcf", but only "...,dc=eu". Therefore, of course,
> there is no write right.
>
> Cann you help me?

This is not the DN, but the DAV file name of the contact to be saved.
It's converted to a (hopefully) valid DN. And the error message you
get (which suspiciously looks like an LDAP error message), doesn't
hint to a not found DN, but to not sufficient permissions on that DN.

--
Jan Schneider
The Horde Project