[horde] Bug in horde_lz4 build script?

Torben Dannhauer torben at dannhauer.info
Thu Aug 2 21:37:07 UTC 2018

Hi,

today I played around with a system providing several php versions in
parallel.

I used a Debian stretch and installed php 7.0 and 7.2. Installing extensions
via pecl works.

However, when installing horde_lz4 for php7.0 it builds and installs the
module successfully, however it deletes the same module from php7.2 and vice
versa.

So my question is: Is there a "cleanup" build step (deleting any previously
build horde_lz4 modules) with creates this behavior? The desired behavior
would be that a pecl build  or cleanup only affects the active php version,
not the others.

Steps to reproduce on Debian stretch:

Switch to PHP 7.0 via:

update-alternatives --config php

update-alternatives --config php-config

update-alternatives --config phpize

build horde_lz4 via pecl:

pecl -d php_suffix=7.0 install -f horde/horde_lz4

*	horde_lz4.so for PHP 7.0 is there: yes
*	horde_lz4.so for PHP 7.2 is there: no (not yet built)

Afterwards:

Switch to PHP 7.2 via:

update-alternatives --config php

update-alternatives --config php-config

update-alternatives --config phpize

build horde_lz4 via pecl:

pecl -d php_suffix=7.2 install -f horde/horde_lz4

*	horde_lz4.so for PHP 7.0 is there: no (not longer, must be deleted
during the recent build process!)
*	horde_lz4.so for PHP 7.2 is there: yes (successfully built)

Is this a bug in horde_lz4?

Thanks!

Regards, Torben