[horde] DAVdroid addressbook problems

Ralph Ballier ballier at mail.schule.de
Sun Aug 12 19:50:24 UTC 2018

  ----- Nachricht von Jan Schneider <jan at horde.org> ---------
  Datum: Thu, 02 Aug 2018 09:55:06 +0000
    Von: Jan Schneider <jan at horde.org>
Betreff: Re: [horde] DAVdroid addressbook problems
     An: horde at lists.horde.org

> Zitat von Ralph Ballier <ballier at mail.schule.de>:
>
>> Hello,
>>
>> I use on my cellphone DAVdroid Addressbook.
>>
>> I regularly get error messages while syncing. Problems are
>> displayed to synchronize a record. For a long time it is the same
>> person, but it can also change.
>>
>> From the very long error message, I have written down the parts
>> that I think you can see the problem. For anonymizing I have used
>> "xxxxx".
>>
>> ========================================= Start here
>> =====================================================================================
>> This is the request:
>> [......]
>> HTTP REQUEST:
>> Request{method=PUT,
>> url=https://horde.osz-lise-meitner.eu/rpc.php/addressbooks/-system-/contacts~localldap/uid=xx,ou=davinci,ou=People,dc=osz-lise-meitner,dc=eu.vcf,
>> tag=null}
>> BEGIN:VCARD
>> VERSION:3.0
>> PRODID:+//IDN bitfire.at//DAVdroid/1.11.5-gplay[1] ez-vcard/0.10.4
>> UID:xx
>> FN:Nxxxxx Sxxxxx
>> N:Sxxxxx,Nxxxxx
>> TEL;TYPE=home:03xxx xxxxxx
>> TEL;TYPE=work:xx
>> TEL;TYPE=cell:01xxx xxxxxx
>> davdroid1.EMAIL;TYPE=x-internet:xx at osz-lise-meitner.eu
>> davdroid1.X-ABLabel:Internet
>> ADR;TYPE=home:;;Gxxxxxxxxx\n1xxxx Zxxxxx
>> LABEL;TYPE=home:Gxxxxxxxx\n1xxxx Zxxxxx
>> NOTE:Kxxxxxxxxxxxx
>> PHOTO;ENCODING=b;TYPE=jpeg:/9j/4AAQSkZJRgABAQAAAQABAAD/2wBDAAgGBgcGBQgHBwcJ
>>

>> [........long part......]
>>
>> And this is the answer:
>> HTTP RESPONSE:
>> Response{protocol=http/1.1, code=500, message=Internal Server
>> Error,
>> url=https://horde.osz-lise-meitner.eu/rpc.php/addressbooks/-system-/contacts~localldap/uid=xx,ou=davinci,ou=People,dc=osz-lise-meitner,dc=eu.vcf}
>> <?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8"?>
>> <d:error xmlns:d="DAV:" xmlns:s="http://sabredav.org/ns">
>>   <s:exception>Sabre\DAV\Exception</s:exception>
>>   <s:message>Änderung fehlgeschlagen: (50) Insufficient access</s:message>
>>   <s:sabredav-version>1.8.12</s:sabredav-version>
>> </d:error>
>> ========================================================= Ends here
>>
>> I mean, the problem is the DN
>> uid=xx,ou=davinci,ou=People,dc=osz-lise-meitner,dc=eu.vcf. There is
>> no "...,dc=eu.vcf", but only "...,dc=eu". Therefore, of course,
>> there is no write right.
>>
>> Cann you help me?
>
> This is not the DN, but the DAV file name of the contact to be
> saved. It's converted to a (hopefully) valid DN. And the error
> message you get (which suspiciously looks like an LDAP error
> message), doesn't hint to a not found DN, but to not sufficient
> permissions on that DN.
>
> --
> Jan Schneider

Hello Jan,

thank you very much for your hint. That's how I came to the conclusion
that apparently the cell phone is trying to make a change to the
entries of the LDAP server. But there is no right to write. Why the
phone tries to change data, I'm not clear.

Maybe I can restrict the synchronization to one direction on the phone.

Links:
------
[1] http://bitfire.at//DAVdroid/1.11.5-gplay