[horde] Unsure how to install further apps into Horde Groupware 5.2.22

Ralf Lang lang at b1-systems.de
Wed Sep 26 14:24:31 UTC 2018

Am 26.09.2018 um 15:42 schrieb Michael J Rubinsky:

> Quoting Michael Z Freeman <michael at michaelzfreeman.org>:
>
>> Hi,
>>
>> Hi, my first post to the list. I have been impressed by Horde as its the
>> only application of it's type that I've found that properly does
>> CardDAV/CalDAV/ActiveSync. I have Horde Groupware 5.2.22 installed
>> successfully into Ubuntu 16.04. I then wanted to install the Webmail app
>> (Imp) into this installation of Groupware but I'm unsure how to do
>> this. I
>> have looked at the install docs for Imp -
>> https://www.horde.org/apps/imp/docs/INSTALL#installing-with-pear - Do I
>> run those Pear commands first and then the main Horde installer again
>> ? I
>> do have backups of the main Horde files as well as the database but want
>> to avoid having to use them if possible.
>
> If you want an easy to install Groupware, including IMP, you should
> install Horde Groupware Webmail edition.  You *can* install IMP on top
> of your install if you like, by using the pear command on the page you
> referenced:
>
> pear install -a -B horde/imp
>
> You would not have to run the "horde installer" again. Doing it this
> way, though, you may need to perform some additional configuration
> steps for IMP as outlined on that same page.

Hi,

basically the procedure is

- Install the software. Use pear if you used pear for the original bundle
- Log into the admin account. Configure the app by going to
http://$host/admin/config/index.php and click on the appropriate entry.
- For IMP, you probably also want to setup connection to the mail
server. go to horde/imp/config directory and create backends.local.php
(see backends.php comments for details)

That's it for all mainstream apps.
Some custom/beta apps may require changes in registry.d or
registry.local.php but this is not needed for IMP

Regards

Ralf