[horde] Unsure how to install further apps into Horde Groupware 5.2.22

Michael J Rubinsky mrubinsk at horde.org
Wed Sep 26 13:42:34 UTC 2018

Quoting Michael Z Freeman <michael at michaelzfreeman.org>:

> Hi,
>
> Hi, my first post to the list. I have been impressed by Horde as its the
> only application of it's type that I've found that properly does
> CardDAV/CalDAV/ActiveSync. I have Horde Groupware 5.2.22 installed
> successfully into Ubuntu 16.04. I then wanted to install the Webmail app
> (Imp) into this installation of Groupware but I'm unsure how to do this. I
> have looked at the install docs for Imp -
> https://www.horde.org/apps/imp/docs/INSTALL#installing-with-pear - Do I
> run those Pear commands first and then the main Horde installer again ? I
> do have backups of the main Horde files as well as the database but want
> to avoid having to use them if possible.

If you want an easy to install Groupware, including IMP, you should
install Horde Groupware Webmail edition.  You *can* install IMP on top
of your install if you like, by using the pear command on the page you
referenced:

pear install -a -B horde/imp

You would not have to run the "horde installer" again. Doing it this
way, though, you may need to perform some additional configuration
steps for IMP as outlined on that same page.

--
mike
The Horde Project