[horde] problem with new install on new Centos 7.5 system

Edward Burr egburr at burr.cc
Thu Nov 29 17:23:51 UTC 2018

> Zitat von Edward Burr <egburr at burr.cc>:
>
>> Another thought, has anyone actually installed Horde Groupware on
>> CentOS 7.5 yet? Is there a preferred Linux distribution? I chose
>> CentOS because I work with Red Hat Enterprise Linux on a daily
>> basis at work.
>>
>> Though I am concerned that with the Horde_Backup / Horde_Core
>> version requirement mismatch and their independence from any Linux
>> distribution, I wonder how anyone has gotten around that?
>>
>> Is there something missing from the install documentation at
>> https://www.horde.org/apps/groupware/docs/INSTALL that I should
>> know about?
>>

>> Quoting Edward Burr <egburr at burr.cc>:

>>> Among other things, that did:
>>> downloading Horde_Backup-1.0.0RC1.tgz ...
>>> Starting to download Horde_Backup-1.0.0RC1.tgz (8,518 bytes)
>>> .....done: 8,518 bytes
>>> install ok: channel://pear.horde.org/Horde_Backup-1.0.0RC1
>>>
>>> which leaves us still with the same problem as above.
>>>

> why do you install Horde_Backup at all? It's not required at all.

This is why:
[root at c7 horde]# pear install -a horde/groupware
WARNING: "pear/Console_Getopt" is deprecated in favor of
"pear/Console_GetoptPlus"
Failed to download horde/Horde_Backup within preferred state "stable",
latest release is version 1.0.0RC1, stability "beta", use
"channel://pear.horde.org/Horde_Backup-1.0.0RC1" to install
Failed to download pecl/sasl within preferred state "stable", latest
release is version 0.1.0, stability "alpha", use
"channel://pecl.php.net/sasl-0.1.0" to install
Failed to download pecl/idn within preferred state "stable", latest
release is version 0.2.0, stability "beta", use
"channel://pecl.php.net/idn-0.2.0" to install

I guess I got so hung up on those three failures during the install
because of the subsequent error with:

[root at c7 horde]# groupware-install
PHP Warning:  require_once(PEAR/Config.php): failed to open stream: No
such file or directory in /usr/bin/groupware-install on line 15

Warning: require_once(PEAR/Config.php): failed to open stream: No such
file or directory in /usr/bin/groupware-install on line 15
PHP Fatal error:  require_once(): Failed opening required
'PEAR/Config.php' (include_path='.:/php/includes:/usr/share/pear
Fatal error: require_once(): Failed opening required 'PEAR/Config.php'
(include_path='.:/php/includes:/usr/share/pear

Based on the responses I've received, I was hoping that clearing up
the pear install failures would fix the groupware-install failure.

NOTE: The referenced Config.php that triggers "no such file" is
present, is in the include_path, and is world readable. So I'm not
understanding this error, either.

[root at box /]# ls -l /usr/share/pear/PEAR/Config.php
68 -rw-r--r--. 1 root root 67882 May 10  2016 /usr/share/pear/PEAR/Config.php
[root at box /]#