[horde] Standalone Horde server access disabled overnight (wrong username or password)

Louis-Philippe Allard lp.allard.1 at gmail.com
Thu Feb 21 11:23:36 UTC 2019

> Quoting Arjen de Korte <build+horde at de-korte.org>:
>
>> Citeren L A <lp.allard.1 at gmail.com>:

>>> Geez I forgot to add the log's contents:
>>>
>>> Feb 20 09:25:52 centos-mail HORDE: [horde] PHP ERROR:
>>> call_user_func_array() expects parameter 1 to be a valid callback, class
>>> 'Horde_Deprecated' does not have a method 'verifySignedUrl' [pid 1158 on
>>> line 1196 of "/usr/share/pear/Horde.php"]
>
> The line above also leads me to suspect that you have a fairly
> outdated Horde_Core library installed.
>
>>> Feb 20 09:25:53 centos-mail HORDE: [imp] [login] Mail server denied
>>> authentication. [pid 1158 on line 730 of
>>> "/var/www/html/horde/imp/lib/Imap.php"]
>>> Feb 20 09:25:53 centos-mail HORDE: [imp] FAILED LOGIN for XXXXXXX at gmail.com
>>> (XXX.XXX.XXX.XXX) to {imap://imap.gmail.com:993/} [pid 1158 on line 157 of
>>> "/var/www/html/horde/imp/lib/Auth.php"]
>>> Feb 20 09:25:53 centos-mail HORDE: [horde] FAILED LOGIN for
>>> XXXXXXX at gmail.com to horde (XXX.XXX.XXX.XXX) [pid 1158 on line 199 of
>>> "/var/www/html/horde/login.php"]
>>>
>>> Would the problem be on Google's side?  Legacy app access is enabled in my
>>> google account (has always been for horde).  I have also ruled out firewall
>>> issues.
>>
>> Fix your configuration. You should *never* modify
>> 'horde/imp/config/backends.php', only override defaults in
>> 'horde/imp/config/backends.local.php' like
>>
>> <?php
>> $servers['imap']['name'] = 'GMail IMAP Server';
>> $servers['imap']['hostspec'] = 'imap.gmail.com';
>> $servers['imap']['hordeauth'] = true;
>> $servers['imap']['port'] = 993;
>> $servers['imap']['secure'] = 'ssl';
>>
>> Then enable debugging
>>
>> $servers['imap']['debug'] = '/tmp/imp_imap.log';
>>
>> The information in the logfile should provide clues why Gmail won't
>> let you in.
>>
>> --

> mike
> The Horde Project
> http://www.horde.org
> https://www.facebook.com/hordeprojecthttps://www.twitter.com/hordeproject

Hello Michael,  yes I have had a hard time updating Horde for several
months if not over a year now.  Horde_Core is 2.16.1.

Through the webinterface > Administration > Configuration > Check for
newer versions, pretty much everything has a newer version, but when I
issue a "pear upgrade -a -B horde/webmail" I always get "Nothing to
upgrade".

I wrote on this maillist a while ago about this issue, but I couldnt
find a solution.  Obviously the webinterface and the pear command
musty look at different locations if they are not seeing the same
packages...  Sure a Dev can confirm this?