[horde] Standalone Horde server access disabled overnight (wrong username or password)

Arjen de Korte build+horde at de-korte.org
Thu Feb 21 19:19:27 UTC 2019

Citeren Louis-Philippe Allard <lp.allard.1 at gmail.com>:

> Quoting Michael J Rubinsky <mrubinsk at horde.org>:
>
>> Quoting Arjen de Korte <build+horde at de-korte.org>:

>> The line above also leads me to suspect that you have a fairly
>> outdated Horde_Core library installed.

>>> Fix your configuration. You should *never* modify
>>> 'horde/imp/config/backends.php', only override defaults in
>>> 'horde/imp/config/backends.local.php' like
>>>
>>> <?php
>>> $servers['imap']['name'] = 'GMail IMAP Server';
>>> $servers['imap']['hostspec'] = 'imap.gmail.com';
>>> $servers['imap']['hordeauth'] = true;
>>> $servers['imap']['port'] = 993;
>>> $servers['imap']['secure'] = 'ssl';
>>>
>>> Then enable debugging
>>>
>>> $servers['imap']['debug'] = '/tmp/imp_imap.log';
>>>
>>> The information in the logfile should provide clues why Gmail
>>> won't let you in.
>>>
>>> --
>>
>> --
>> mike
>> The Horde Project
>> http://www.horde.org
>> https://www.facebook.com/hordeprojecthttps://www.twitter.com/hordeproject
>
> Hello Michael,  yes I have had a hard time updating Horde for
> several months if not over a year now.  Horde_Core is 2.16.1.
>
> Through the webinterface > Administration > Configuration > Check
> for newer versions, pretty much everything has a newer version, but
> when I issue a "pear upgrade -a -B horde/webmail" I always get
> "Nothing to upgrade".

I usually run

     pear upgrade -c horde

What happens if you try that? If that fails to update, what is the output of

     pear config-get horde_dir

This should point to the root of your Horde installation.

> I wrote on this maillist a while ago about this issue, but I couldnt
> find a solution.  Obviously the webinterface and the pear command
> musty look at different locations if they are not seeing the same
> packages...  Sure a Dev can confirm this?

Well, it looks like the webinterface is correct here, your Horde_Core
*is* out-of-date, the current version is 2.31.8.