[horde] Installing Horde on Ubuntu 18.04

Chris Hogan chris.hogan at 4xtra.com
Tue Apr 9 14:06:18 UTC 2019

I must have really mucked things up all I get when I run webmail-install is

  Fatal Error:
  Missing registry.php configuration file
  In /usr/share/php/Horde/Registry/Registryconfig.php on line 56

  1. Horde_Core_Bundle->init() /usr/bin/webmail-install:30
  2. Horde_Registry::appInit() /usr/share/php/Horde/Core/Bundle.php:60
  3. Horde_Registry->__construct() /usr/share/php/Horde/Registry.php:287
  4. Horde_Registry->_loadApplications()
/usr/share/php/Horde/Registry.php:545
  5. Horde_Registry_Registryconfig->__construct()
/usr/share/php/Horde/Registry.php:710

On 09/04/2019 08:22, Ralf Lang wrote:
> Hallo Chris,
>
> Am 09.04.19 um 09:10 schrieb Chris Hogan:
>> I've had to move my horde installation to a new Ubuntu server. I started
>> by trying the standard method using PEAR but I had a permissions problem
>> (now fixed), so then I used apt-get install php-horde-webmail
>>
>> The setup would not complete because it "mixed" with the failed PEAR
>> installation, therefore I deleted everything and tried apt-get again
>>
>> This has installed a configuration in /etc/horde and code in folders
>> /usr/share/horde & /usr/share/php/horde, but I don't know what to do
>> next: there is no conf.php.dist & I can't find any instructions on how
>> to complete the installation
>>
>> I have managed simply to copy the code from the old server, so I have
>> Horde up & running, but I'd prefer it to have a clean installation, if
>> possible. Are there instructions as to how I should have used the
>> apt-get method?
> It's been a while since I used the ubuntu install method.
>
> If you installed horde from a webmail bundle, there should be an executable
>
> "webmail-install" which will provide you with an initial setup.
>
> Regards
>

> Ralf

*HMW Computing* is a limited company registered in England and Wales.
/Registered number:/ 1591844
/Registered office:/ Cedar Cottage, 142 Feltham Hill Road, Ashford,
Middlesex, TW15 1HN

*HMW* is:

  * Undergoing certification to ISO 9000 quality system standards
  * part of the 4xtra Alliance <http://4xtra.com>
  * a member of IPSE - the Association of Independent Professionals and
    the Self-Employed <https://www.ipse.co.uk/>
    **** Email confidentiality notice ****
    /This message is private and confidential. If you have received this
    message in error, please notify us by email
    <mailto://admin@4xtra.com> or phone: +44(0)207-353-8900, and remove
    it from your system/.